Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Horse's Letter to Santa


Dear Santa,

I’ve been trying really hard this year to be a good girl!

I know my new mommy hasn’t had me very long and it took a bit of time for me to get to know and trust her and the other human that she comes with, but I promise that was just because I was so scared from being at that loud, scary place with the other horses and cows that mom calls the auction house.  When she took me away from that place, at first I was scared, but then I became so very happy. Anytime that I get scared now, she is super patient and kind and I’ve learned so many new things from her already that I hope that I get to stay with her forever and never have to go back to that scary place.

In regards to those fence posts and panels that I pushed in and broke as well as the patch of mane that I rubbed off, I swear that it was only to get at that really yummy grass on the other side of the fence. Mom still gives me looks every once in a while for my missing mane, and then she puts some icky smelling goo on it. I think she thinks it will help my hair grow back, but it smells so bad!! Despite the icky smell, I’ve been trying very hard to stand still so that she can put it on. Please don’t put me in the “coal” pile for the fence posts and my mane! I tried to put them back up afterward, but it just didn’t fit the same…..

The only thing I really want this Christmas are an unlimited supply of those yummy cookies that Mom gives me. Maybe you can pass it along that it would be grand if she gave me some more from time to time. The other human (he always comes with Mom, so that’ll make him my new Dad!) has the right idea and sneaks some when Mom’s back is turned, of which I gobble up to keep our little secret and make sure he doesn’t get in trouble.

Thank you in advance!!

Love,

Walnut

No comments:

Post a Comment